Thursday, January 01, 1970 • 12:00 am–12:00 am • Spanish Suite
This course is designed to take the participants from basic science through how to approach dogs with skin issues. The course is split into 4 hour-long segments which include:
1) Basic anatomy and science
2) Different hair types and their needs for healthy growth and maintenance
3) Different reasons for skin and hair issues and how to recognize them
4) Rules for approaching a skin or hair issue for best results.
This course brings groomers to a higher level of understanding of what they may see and how to approach a positive result with both veterinary and grooming care. This course covers the science of products and use but does not discuss individual products to be used with the premise that products are tools but not the answer to every issue.
The main theme is 3 components for success:
1) Understanding the Science
2) Using good Techniques
3) Using the Correct Products.
Compromising any of the components will lessen the success of the process.
*This is a PGC badged course and eligible for 4 CE Units. Please visit our website for more information about the Professional Grooming Credential.