Saturday, March 09, 2024 • 1:00 pm–4:00 pm • Hall B Grooming Stage
1:00 pm: Check-in
1:15 pm: Pre-Judging
1:30 pm: Ring Closes
1:45 pm: Contest Starts
3:15 pm: Contest Ends / Final Judging
3:45 pm: Awards
Special note: Electric will NOT be provided in the contest ring. You must supply your own cordless clippers where applicable.
The Abstract Design Challenge is intended to underscore the beauty of an “abstract design”, beautifully sculpted with minimal color (no more than 10%) and accessories. Judges are looking for stunning sculpting quality and artistry appropriate for a client’s pet. Design should be reproducible in one day in a salon setting. The pet’s coat is the blank canvas for the artistic design and should be groomed in advance with no trace of preset design or sculpted pattern.
- Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat with any coat type may be used.
- Design or sculpted pattern must be entirely created during the competition time frame.
- There should be no trace of a preset design or sculpted pattern in the coat prior to the contest start time.
- Competitors will have 1 hour and 30 minutes to sculpt the design into a pre-groomed/prepared coat.
- Competitors with cats may have one assistant to help hold the cat in the contest ring during the design sculpting.
- Entries are open to all levels of competitors.
- The judging emphasis is design placement, execution, precision, artistry and overall balance and appeal.
- If color is used on your entry, the color will not be considered in judging.
- Visual or written instructions are prohibited in the contest ring.
1st Place – $400 2nd Place – $300 3rd Place – $200