5:00 pm: Check-in and prejudging
5:30 pm: Presentations/Runway Walk Begins
6:00 pm: Final Judging
6:30 pm: Awards
The Abstract Runway Design Challenge is to underscore the beauty of a “simple abstract design”, beautifully sculpted with minimal color and accessories. We are looking for stunning quality and artistry which would be appropriate for a client’s dog or cat and can be reproduced in the salon in one day.
- Entries used for this class must be groomed prior to competition check-in.
- Competitors will check in at the Grooming Stage at 5:00 pm.
- Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat may be used.
- Competitors must be ready for prejudging and the runway walk.
- Competitors’ attire should not detract from or overpower the groom; it can be complementary or an extension of the design.
- Before each presentation, the emcee will briefly interview the competitors for biographical information and design explanation.
- Runway music will be provided by the show producer.
- If using an entry from a previous class, the Competitor must make a distinguishable difference in the design.
- Open Division – Entry is open to ALL competitors
1st Place – $300
2nd Place – $200
3rd Place – $100